1. Marketing Funnel – You will find that having a marketing funnel, which is a website that allows your customers to opt-in to your company and get more information as they go, and then sort of guides them through the sign-up process or guides them through the process of purchasing something with your company, a great tool. Usually a funnel comes with an auto-responder system, so if
you don’t have that, you definitely should get one. Autoresponder systems cut down on 90% of the work involved with a website or a new business. An example is Greg Montoya’s website at:
http://www.myrealwealthsystem.com/greenincome Auto-responders basically send
your e-mails out for you, they check on your opt-ins for you, allow them to get
more information and send them to the appropriate places in your website to get
the information that they need.
2. Video Marketing Sites – Another great tool that companies don’t use enough are
video marketing sites like Youtube and TubeMogul. Youtube is pretty good about
allowing home based business owners and even MLM owners to post their information,
but TubeMogul can be a little more selective, but just read through the terms and
conditions when you sign up. Companies should utilize video marketing much more
than they do, especially with it being virtually free these days to do so, so if
you are a new home based business owner, the first thing you should do is find out
how to create a Youtube video. It’s very easy, you can go on Youtube right now and
you can find a video on how to create a Youtube video. Usually it will involve
utilizing Windows MovieMaker, so if you don’t have that, most computers come with
Windows MovieMaker and other tools that are needed in order to make a video. So
consider that as part of your marketing strategy.
3. Search Engine Optimization – Another tool is Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
A great expert on Search Engine Optimization is Paul Counts, I’ve found. And you
can find his website at www.paulcounts.com There is a wealth of information out
there on the internet about Search Engine Optimization, so just be selective in
how much you use, because it can be quite overwhelming.
4. Linked-In Forums/Forums in General – Forums are great ways to connect with
other business owners as well as even investors, and potential customers, so
if you don’t have forums as part of your marketing strategy, I definitely
encourage them. Linked-In offers a ton of forums and groups on their social media
space, so take advantage of Linked-In in that capacity and check them out.
5. Do-Not-Call-Registry – If you are an e-mail marketer you should use the Do-Not-
Call-Registry, because it’s the greatest way to ensure that your e-mail marketing
is legal and in compliance with FTC rules. The Do-Not-Call-Registry gives anyone
access to 5 cities for free in order to check phone numbers, so if you do e-mail
marketing or cold-calling you can check phone numbers for free on the Do-Not-Call-
6. Free Website Creation Tools – If you don’t already have a website or if you do
have websites, but they’re not really tailored to your own personal style, then
you should definitely utilize free website creation tools. One really good one
is Webs.com, where you can simply create a free website.
7. Basic Office Desk Tools – Every legitimate business should try to utilize in some
form or fashion the basic office desk tools, i.e. Microsoft Office, Quickbooks,
things of that nature. This is more of a personal belief, but I do believe that every
good company, especially every good home business, should try to be as legitimate as a
regular business. Microsoft Office is a great tool, because you can do pretty much
anything you need with it. If you do not have Microsoft Office or you can’t afford it,
check out Microsoft Office 365, it cost like $10/mo. Quickbooks is also another great
tool and if you look up Quickbooks, they also have inexpensive access to Quickbooks
online. If you can get Quickbooks Pro at home, then that would be a great tool as well.
These are just basic computer office softwares that all businesses should have.
So there you have it, for your home based business, 7 Unique Business Tool Ideas. If
you would like more information please submit an inquiry or view my website..